Saturday 3 August 2013

All change

Progress has ground to a halt. There are several factors involved but the space that could be used to have a railway permanently up to work on is just not realistically available. I have cast around for inspiration around how to make use of the Mospick Halt baseboard. It was a great little layout but my impatience meant there was a track join on a curve and there was a high tendency to derail at that point. I was wondering whether I could create a quay or harbour scene off the front. Using Google to look for different industries and harbours I came across pictures of Crackington Quay, a layout, now retired, which fits the bill perfectly. I'm not sure what industry I'll use but the key concepts I like are:
  • Harbour
  • Shops across the middle
  • Industry at the sides
  • Land rising to each side so buildings have to rise with it

I ordered some resin boats on eBay which arrived today so work has commenced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Update

It's been a busy few weeks on the railway front. First it was the SWOONs open day on the Saturday where I had my sales stand for STModel...